Monday 20 June 2016

UP Theme Song "Married Life": Acoustic/ClassicalGuitar Tutorial#1 "Kevin...


UP Movie Theme - "Married Life" by Michael Giacchino is such a beautiful yet haunting piece of music. Giacchino somehow perfectly captures the exuberance of youth, the joy of a loving relationship, goals realised and unrealised, age, and finally death, all within a single piece of music only several minutes long.

I cannot take any credit for this transcription as I learned this transcription from Kevin Nash's YouTube video. Here's the link:


I can however take credit for being one of the few (if not the only) people to have made an accurate transcription of his work into both notation and tablature. A few tablature examples were floating around but I found them to be extremely difficult to follow and often riddled with mistakes. I hope that my transcription is accurate to 99.9%.  This is the first of three tutorials for the theme song.

Here are links to the other 2 tutorials:



My full transcription including tablature and notation is available for free to my Youtube subscribers. So, if you wish to have a copy just subscribe to my channel and leave a comment or send me a message with your email address and I will happily send you my transcription. Be sure to watch my tutorials for the song and have the transcription beside you so that you can learn this wonderful song quickly and easily.

Let your fingers fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers