Saturday 7 May 2016

Kung Fu Panda Theme - Oogway Ascends Acoustic/Classical Guitar Theme


This is definitely one of the most beautiful OST (Original Soundtrack) songs that you are ever likely to hear. Hans Zimmerman brings his composition genius to the fore with this stunning orchestral work for the movie "Kung Fu Panda" released in 2008 by Dreamworks. 

This song is heard when Oogway is explaining the illusion of control to Master Shifu near the old peach tree.  Although it is written for full orchestra and what sounds like an erhu it sits extremely well on the guitar. Surprisingly enough it is in a wonderful key for guitar - D minor and it happens to be relatively easy. It took me an afternoon to figure it out and several months to finally get around to subscribing it. I felt ongoing guilt because I had promised my YouTube subscribers that they'd receive tabs/notation if they subscribed...8 months later...and I'd finally transcribed it.

This transcription has proven to be one of my most popular YouTube videos so in March of 2016 I did my first ever YouTube tutorial showing people how to play it the way that I play it. Here is the link to that tutorial:


I hope you enjoy listening to my transcription and if you happen to be a guitar player or know someone that plays the guitar that would like to play this song please send them to the video.

My full transcription including tablature and notation is available for free to my Youtube subscribers. So, if you wish to have a copy just subscribe to my channel and leave a comment or send me a message with your email address and I will happily send you my transcription. Be sure to watch my tutorials for the song and have the transcription beside you so that you can learn this wonderful song quickly and easily.

Let your fingers fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers