Wednesday 13 July 2016

Prelude Guitar Tutorial#1 4K! (BWV1007 Cello Suite) - J. S. Bach [Note-B...



History


Johann Sebastian Bach wrote a total of five suites for solo cello. Arguably, the most popular of the five is the first suite. Because it was played first in the suite, the Prelude featured here has gained the most popularity and has been transcribed for a dizzying array of instruments. Bach himself was known or thought to have transcribed if for the lute. Here I have transcribed it for the guitar. 

Historically, this Prelude belongs to BWV1007 and is comprised of 6 movements:

1. Prelude
2. Allemande
3. Courante
4. Sarabande
5. Galanteries
6. Gigue

Performance Breakdown:


In this first of two guitar tutorials for the Prelude you will see close up views of the left and right hands and be able to follow along with my tablature/sheet music if required. My lesson is very comprehensive and it is filmed using 4K resolution for an outstanding visual experience. In this Bach guitar lesson I have broken everything down and tried to come up with the easiest fingerings possible whilst retaining the essence of the piece.

In my tutorial I offer suggestions for performance and, as with many of my other instructional videos I provide tabs/notation combined with timing instructions in the 'Description' area of the YouTube video page. This feature will help you to quickly find any given set of 4 bars without the necessity to scroll through the video trying to find where you were before or a particular bar to learn.

  • Sustained bass notes where possible
  • Strict rhythm throughout
  • A constant tone with minimal shifting away from the normal right hand position
Here is a link to the second tutorial:

Conclusion:


My full transcription including tablature and notation is available for free to my YouTube subscribers. So, if you wish to have a copy just subscribe to my channel and leave a comment or send me a message with your email address and I will happily send you my transcription. Be sure to watch my tutorials for the song and have the transcription beside you so that you can learn this wonderful song quickly and easily.

Let your fingers fly!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers