Thursday 7 July 2016

Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - J. S. Bach "4K Guitar Tutorial#2" [Note-By...


Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - J. S. Bach "4K Guitar Tutorial#2


The second of two lessons teaching you how to play this iconic piece of music by Bach. Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring has become almost obligatory at wedding services throughout the world and is synonymous with non-secular music, hymns and services. The most famous recording for guitar is probably the internationally acclaimed guitarist Christopher Parkening.

In this second of two guitar tutorials for Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring I will cover every note from the second section after the temporary modulation. You will receive close up views of the left and right hands and be able to follow along with my tablature/sheet music if required. Great quality Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring guitar lessons are few and far between. My lesson is very comprehensive and it is filmed using 4K resolution for an outstanding visual experience.

Performance Breakdown:


In my tutorial I offer suggestions for performance and as with many of my other instructional videos I provide tabs/notation combined with timing instructions in the 'Description' area of the YouTube video page. This feature will help you to quickly find any given set of 4 bars without the necessity to scroll through the video trying to find where you were before or a particular bar to learn.
Sustained bass notes where possible
Strict rhythm throughout
A constant tone with minimal shifting away from the normal right hand position

Tutorial Number One:


Conclusion:


My full transcription including tablature and notation is available for free to my YouTube subscribers. So, if you wish to have a copy just subscribe to my channel and leave a comment or send me a message with your email address and I will happily send you my transcription. Be sure to watch my tutorials for the song and have the transcription beside you so that you can learn this wonderful song quickly and easily.

Let your fingers fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers