Tuesday 19 April 2016

Takamine TH5C Acoustic Classical Guitar Review



Here is my review of the Takamine TH5C 'Hirade' model electric/classical guitar.

What can I say? I love this guitar! I purchased it in New Zealand in February 2016 to use on tour in China and I managed to buy it at a very good price because it had some cosmetic blemishes that I still haven't found despite having gone over it with a fine tooth comb since I bought it. 

 My review is based upon playing this guitar for 3 months and using it both as a practice guitar and as a live performance instrument. I use the guitar daily (no exaggeration) and it has proven to be a true workhorse. 

The guitar is made from solid wood with the following specifications:

Top: Cedar
Back & Sides: Indian Rosewood
Neck: Mahogany
Fingerboard: Ebony
Scale: 25"

Onboard Preamp: CTP-2/CTP-3

I don't really use this guitar on my gig as most of the songs we play are more suited to electric and acoustic guitar so I use this as my primary practice guitar and for recording original tracks and/or making my instructional classical guitar videos for YouTube. It records beautifully due to the wonderful tube preamp inside the guitar located on the inside of the upper left bout. You can find out more about the Takamine Cool Tube preamps here:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers