Sunday 3 April 2016

How Long Will I Love You - Ellie Goulding Guitar Tutorial


How Long Will I Love You?

'How long will I love you?' is a song by Ellie Goulding from her 2012 album 'Halycon'. During one of our shows in China a guest asked me if I could play this song. At the time I didn't know it but I promised to learn it if they promised to come back and watch another show! The agreed to the deal so the very next day I set about transcribing the piano part for guitar. 

As with most of my transcriptions I try to capture as many details and nuances as possible without it becoming unplayable. Thankfully the original key is C major and the piano part wasn't too difficult to transfer across to the guitar. For the most part the chords are fairly basic although the final few chords are quite interesting. Here they are:

C - G/B - Am9 - G - F(add B) - C

My full transcription including tablature and notation is available for free to my Youtube subscribers. So, if you wish to have a copy just subscribe to my channel and leave a comment or send me a message with your email address and I will happily send you my transcription. Be sure to watch my tutorials for the song and have the transcription beside you so that you can learn this wonderful song quickly and easily.

Let your fingers fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers